Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Meet Brittany, Christopher, Azmite, Hop, Dan (7-11)

Alright, I am like 2 weeks behind on keeping up with this and before I forget I need to start putting this stuff down.

I had a really good talk with Brittany (and I am sure I got some special Sun Burn Crowns in heaven)! She was sitting down by herself on a bench and I really try to talk with people that look like they are sitting by themselves on a bench. I will keep each talk short because I do not remember much, so the big thing with Brittany was that after we had talked about her sins and she realized that God would justly punish her she said, "Maybe, God won't judge me that way." I asked her if she was saying that because she did not want to go to hell or because she believed that were possible. "I guess I am trying to soothe my conscience", was her response. It was pretty cool. I got to share the Gospel of Jesus with her.

Christopher is the same Christopher from one of my first posts. I found him at the same bench in the same spot. I got a picture this time so now you know I could take, right? The first time I met him I knew his accent was not from Florida (which is what he told me.) He is from Russia! I knew something was up with that accent. So, I was talking to him and I am getting the feeling from that he is cool with whatever. I mean I talk to him about the Gospel and he seems to 'blah' about it. God save me from ever being ambivalent about your Gospel! I reminded him of my church. Still haven't seen him visit. But, my prayer will use whatever weak words I said to be seeds in his life. My hope is that God will bring someone along to water it.

Ok. This next person was a great person to talk to, but in the spiritual realm it was a terrible talk.Her name was Azmite (not sure how to spell it). She was very nice and had a lot of opinions. Opinions are good. I like to hear about what people think. However, when all of your opinions are anti-biblical you have got some problems. I knew from the beginning it would not be the smoothest talks in the world, but I have had a couple of pretty nice weeks and a talk like this was past due. The jist of the talk was her preparing herself to listen to me "sell" her Jesus. You would not believe how much I hate the idea of "selling" Jesus to anyone. Jesus is a person, not a thing. I share His story, I don't sell Him. Honestly, there was not an offensive word spoken between the two of us (except the selling Jesus comment, but I know she did not mean to offend me) but the talk was terrible because there was no soberness from her. There was no evidence that she would ever think about her sins, ever think about God's judgment, ever think about the price my Lord Jesus paid so that she could be set free from her sins. Its kinda funny that this talk bugged me so much. To be honest, I would rather be threaten by someone after witnessing to them than have someone walk away from the Gospel with their noses up or without a care in the world.

After talking with Azmite, I picked myself up off the ground and slumped over to the Student Union to try and witness to some more people. On the way there I was walking by this guy and decided to walk and witness. His name was Hop. He said he was down for talking and so I had to jump right into it. When I an walking and witnessing I feel the need to rush things because I don't know where the person is headed or how long I have to talk with them. The jist of the talk with Hop went like this:

R: So, what do you think God will do with you if you have broken his laws?
H: He is gonna let me into heaven.
R: What? Why would he reward a criminal?
H: I go to church.
R: All you have to do is go to church to get to heaven?
H: Yeah.
R: Are you sure?
H: ...yeah.
R: Are you sure?
H: ...yeah.

Then I let him walk away. I thanked him for letting me talk to him and just stopped in my tracks. Hopefully, the talk shook him a little and wobbled his position on the whole 'bribe God' thing. If you think that reading your bible, going to church, sharing, being a nice person, praying, singing, giving tithes, or any other thing you think pleases God is going to get you into heaven then you should give up right now. George Whitefield said, “Works? Works? A man get to heaven by works? I would as soon think of climbing to the moon on a rope of sand!”

Dan. Dan, Dan, Dan. Dan, was the shining light at the end of the tunnel for my day. After talking with Azmite and Hop I needed Dan. I asked Dan what the Gospel was and he actually told me. It took a little coaxing but he said it. He knew it! Dan, was a young christian, I think a year old. It was so refreshing to talk to him. I asked him if he deserved heaven and he laughed! I asked him if he has been reading his bible and he had been. Dan is so rare on a college campus! It was just good. Not much else to say.

Go! Go out there and bring the Gospel to someone. Anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment