Saturday, October 3, 2009

Meet Quintin (12)

The other day I posted a talk with Katie and Ollie as number 12 but I totally forgot about my talk with Quintin.

If you go back and check I have already erased the mind of the blogpost and replaced it with different info. It will never even know what happened.

Anyways, Quintin was a really cool talk. I saw him standing on the sidewalk by the green just looking. That is my favorite posture to see on Tell it To'Em Tuesdays! He was just looking around. So, I started up a conversation with him.

Turns out, Quintin was from ... oh crap! I totally forgot where he was from. But he has been all over. If I remember correctly he grew up in either France or Spain (or Portugal? I don't remember but I think it was France...or Spain...or Portugal.) He had also lived in Scotland (or Ireland) for a while before coming to the states.

He went to a catholic school growing up and lost his faith (or never had any faith), but since coming to America and meeting his current girlfriend he had been going to church.

After talking with him I got the feeling that his spiritual life was very shaky. He was not very sure of things and his relationship with his girlfriend was straining because it. But I don't want to get too personal.

I had a cool talk with Quintin because I really got to connect with him. Sometimes when I get into witnessing mode* I may tend to lose interest in talking with people in hopes to get the Gospel across. This is because many times a conversation will end before I even get to the Gospel. Because of this hurried frenzy (frenzy is such a cool word. It makes me think of piranha. In this context I am using for exaggeration purposes) I am in I don't really get to connect with people and I turn them into marks. Not a good thing.

This is a sweet pirhanna pic.


After my talk with Quintin I realized that although it is important for me to get the Gospel out to as many people as possible I should also attempt to reach people on a relational level. It is the age old battle of Relational Evangelism versus Piranha Evangelism (I just made up that name for it.)

When you share your faith what are some things you do that you want to change?

(witnessing mode)*
Sadly, I should always be in witnessing mode (1 Peter 3:15). Also, because I do this Tell it To'Em Tuesdays I may convince myself I don't have to witness to people on regular old Wednesday or Take A Bath Saturday. I have to always be ready to share the faith. Pray for me.

One last piranha pic to think about.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, the pictures are too much. I'm officially turned of off this blog and witnessing altogether.

    I'll go ahead and make it clear I'm kidding so no one else reading this comment thinks I'm too crazy. Man, I have image issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! You freaked me out there. Until I read the next part.

    Totally freaked me out there A-Dog!

    ReplyDelete