Friday, August 28, 2009

It has finally come!

For the past couple of semesters at school, school has taken on a totally different role in my life. Sure, I still go to school to learn and take classes to get my degree, but now I think I have a new priority when I get on campus.

When I became a Christian I used UNF as my 'fishing hole'. The place is humongous with plenty of people walking with nothing to do so it is very easy to walk up to people and start up conversation. So when I say 'fishing hole' I mean, College Campuses are prime places for evangelism (Oh no! The 'E' word!!!).

I remember when I was first starting witnessing I would park in the farthest parking lot from school, then I would sit and pray that God would prepare me to witness to someone and then prepare someone to get witnessed to by me. Then I would wait till I saw somebody walking to class and would walk with them.

Then my evangelism turned into purposely ordering my classes so that I would have a nice break period to use for evangelism. That was great because it helped me to gain more boldness from the Lord so that one day I actually did some Open Air Preaching. If you don't know what that is, it is when you you go to place with a good amount of people and preach the Gospel loud enough for the people to hear. It has a bad rap (wrap?) because some people use this form of evangelism as a way to use harsh language and harsh tones, but not all Open Air Preachers are this way. Nonetheless, if your tone, demeanor, or looks do not inspire some animosity from the crowd THE MESSAGE OF THE GOSPEL WILL!!!



(DISCLAIMER: I know I look angry in this picture, but I don't think I was. Hehehe...Those campus reporters know exactly when to take a picture don't they? Man, I need to work out more. I think in this picture I was trying to teach them how to fly. That shirt is awesome, though. It has the ten commandments in order and they are in the form of a cross. Good Stuff.)

All of this to say, THE SEMESTER HAS STARTED AND IT IS FISHING SEASON!!!

If the whole 'fishing hole' thing is flying over your head, crack open your bible to Matthew 4:19 or Mark 1:17.

Some posts will be coming of how the fishing is going! Keep me and the people I talk to in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment