Friday, August 28, 2009

Meet Christopher (2)

Before I started talking with April, I remember seeing a guy sitting on a bench all by himself. I thought, if he is still there when I am done talking with April I will go talk to him.

As providence (God's Providence [Pro 16:33, John 6:44, Eph 1:3-6, Acts 4:27-28]) would have it the dude was still there sitting all by himself on the bench.

Now, this guy was big. Not super big, but if we had to duke it out he may have been able to knock me out with one punch, but I am pretty quick. Yeah, I could have taken him.

So, I tried my line out on him. "Excuse me, are you afraid of talking to strangers?" It worked like a charm. I got to sit down with him and talk. He was studying Criminal Justice and I was like. YES!!!! If he is taking justice classes then he should get the whole God is just in punishing people for crimes thing perfectly.

Man, was I wrong. When I walked him through the law and asked him if he were concerned about going to hell he said, "No, I go to church."

Huh!? I explained to him that if he were guilty of breaking the law he could not just say to the judge, "Judge, I go to church so I know you will let me go."

He understood that, but there didn't seem to be much concern with him. I explained the Gospel to him and told him that Jesus said in order to be saved you must "Repent and Believe in the Gospel" (Mark 1:14).

He was a gentle giant kind of guy. I asked him if he had any questions for me and then said I appreciated the talk.

Then I thought I should give him an invitation card to HBC (Harvest Bible Chapel, Jacksonville).

*A Final Thought*
You never really know what is happening in some one's heart when you are talking with them. He may not have seemed concerned about going to hell, but perhaps in his heart he was trembling, or he was laughing. The only One who knows is God. It is God's job to convert the heart, it is my job to carry the message.

You could ask yourself, have you ever tried to hide from other people what was happening in your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment